• Strong interest in automotive design
• Product Design Educational background in both engineering and arts (Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering and Architecture)
• Six years of work experience in automotive styling (public transit buses for the North American market)
• Creative, innovative, Analytical, strong 3d visualization skills, free-hand sketching, and command of vast array of design tools (PRO-E, CATIA V5, Photoshop, Illustrator, Wacom Tablet)
••• Professional Experience
DAIMLER BUSES NORTH AMERICA (DBNA) - Mississauga, Ontario, 2003 - to - 2012
Engineering Designer – Engineering Concept Team (New product development)
• Created concept free-hand sketches and 3D models with near A-class primary surfaces for the interior and exterior of the bus. The body of work was used as a starting point for stylists to create detailed designs.
• Using PRO-E (Style) and CATIA V5's surface/wireframe (GSD and Imagine&Shape) tools, created original concepts and designed new interior and exterior stylized parts (bus front fascia, dashboard, stylized BRT style roof fairings, wheel fenders, front/ rear bus bumpers) as per customers’ requirements taking into account aesthetic appearance as well as technical standards (FMVSS, CMVSS, APTA etc) maintenance and impact on user and the environment
• Travelled to Evobus Design office in Germany to work with the automotive designers with the objective to guide their design efforts with regards to the engineering requirements and constraints of the North American market.
• Carried out Concept Development, System Level design as well as detailed design for the company's new products (40ft solo bus and the 60ft articulated bus)
• Carried out ergonomic studies for both bus drivers and passengers, as well as ingress/egress for bus passengers on mobility aid devices.
• Created 3D models and prototypes to accelerate product development and benchmarked competitors’ products (buses) to define dimensional envelope of DBNA's new 40ft and 60ft public transit buses.
• Created renderings and animations of concepts and design proposals and presented them (PowerPoint) to Engineering Managers and engineers from cross-functional groups in technical meetings
• Created 3D Kinematic and Dynamic (PRO-E 'Mechanism') simulations of transit bus systems consisting of mechanisms
BEVERAGE ENGINEERING INC. (Concord, Ontario), 2000-2003
Mechanical Designer/ Drafter (Plant Processes design and drafting 2D/ non-parametric 3D AUTOCAD, P&IDs)
ELECTRICITY SUPPLY BOARD of Ireland, (Siemens Co-Gen power plant, Pakistan), 1997-2000
Trainee Plant Maintenance Engineer (Mech.)/ Trainee Production Engineer.
Designed from scratch, the system of data collection and analysis for technical report (monthly) documenting power plant performance.
• Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical)
Cranfield University (RMCS Shrivenham campus) UK - Vehicle powertrains, Vehicle Dynamics, Mathematical modeling
• Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch) – National College of Arts, Lahore, Pakistan - Architectural Design, Ergonomics, History of Design, Sculpture, Painting
••• Training & Certification
• Comprehensive, Advanced level part design (injection molded parts, castings, machined parts, wireframe/ surface modeling) in CATIA V5 training with ‘Daimler Methodology’
• Mechanical Desktop and Autodesk Inventor training certificate – George Brown College, Toronto